So have you ever stumbled across the exactly right song for you at the exactly right time for you to find it? A song that is so totally awesome but is also so totally how you feel at that particular moment in time?
But not just that. It’s not just about awesomeness and timing, this song. It’s so much more than that. It’s…
- A song that seems like some kind of expression of your soul (or maybe just how you hope your soul is expressed).
- A song that has lyrics and music that don’t necessarily agree with each other but agree with you.
- A song that you’re sure, almost positive, you’re assigning meanings to that aren’t really there, significances that the artist did not intend, but somehow you really don’t give a shit.
- A song that rocks so well and so hard that you think that maybe, just maybe, you and your soul (that is somehow connected to the soul of this song) could rock that well and that hard too.
No? You’ve never had that happen to you?
Ha, well I have.
Say hello, to the current state of my soul:
Whatever the hell it is I mean by that. Maybe it’s just this…
I’M the queen of the world! I bump into things! I spin around in circles.
Or maybe it’s that, despite minor insignificant setbacks, this has been a glorious week so far. Here are some reasons why:
- One of my closest friends came back to me.
- Two of my friends found loooooooooooove with each other.
- Another two friends got a puppy. (A puppy! I mean, come on, how can I not melt at that?!)
- All of my friends have made me laugh entirely too much.
- I found the awesome soul-type song obsessed about above. (And also downloaded Taylor Swift’s new CD that may not be an extension of my 26 year-old soul but is certainly an extension of my 14 year-old soul. Which, admittedly, is not all that different.)
- It was unbelievably beautiful outside tonight and I went running in it. (And by it I mean the unbelievably beautiful night…)(Are you ready to puke yet? Is my exuberance too much for you?)
Okay then, last one…
- Summer is coming and I’m sure it will be a continuance of these things.
Music, friends, puppies, and beautiful nights. Not too shabby eh?